Updated: 25th May 2018
We do not store or manage data for clients for marketing purposes.
For the limited amount of client business contact details we store, we keep them private and confidential:
- We don't share data
- We keep our systems and processes secure
- We do not collect, process or store user data for clients. Limited data may be provided by the client so that we can assist in bug fixes, but this is deleted as soon as the request is complete.
Who we are:
Under the requirements of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regards to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, known as General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) we have to give you as a 'data controller':
- Our site address is www.cogentdynamics.com
- Our company name is Cogent Dynamics
- Our registered address is 8 Beaconshaw, Oaklands Road, Bromley BR1 3TW, UK
- Cogent Dynamics are not required to appoint a Data Protection Officer because it does not engage in a) large scale, regular and systematic monitoring of individuals or b) large scale processing of special categories of data or data relating to criminal convictions and offences.
What we collect
- Cookie Script Accept Stores your cookie preferences. Expires after 30 days
You can change your browser to block cookies if you prefer. Instructions for doing this are available online. Here are details for some popular browsers:
How we use your data
We use information about you to:
- Provide information, products and services that you request
- Carry out our contracts with you
If you are a client, we will only use your details to contact you with company news relevant to our ongoing relationship. We don’t use your data for marketing or pass it on to advertisers or third parties for marketing purposes. Your business contact data will be used for invoice processing and client support.
Where we store your data
We will do everything we can to keep your data secure. Data may be transferred to systems outside the European Economic Area (EEA) (e.g. on global services such as Google Drive). By giving us your personal data, you agree to this arrangement. It is company policy to protect all accounts by strong passwords and 2 Factor Authentication (where available). If we give you a password, you must keep it confidential. Please don't share it but keep it safe, as we do not keep records of passwords. When transferring data to you, we cannot guarantee complete security, particularly if using email. We recommend that you enable encryption for your email where possible. We only keep your personal data for as long as we need to in order to use it as described above, and/or for as long as we have your permission to keep it.
Disclosing your information
We are allowed to disclose your information in the following cases:
- If we have a legal obligation to do so, or in order to protect other people's property, safety or rights
If setting up services with third party providers (e.g. for hosting) we recommend that you own this relationship. If you prefer us to setup these services, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under GDPR and the law.
Under the GDPR, you have the right to:
- request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data held by us (at no cost to you)
- request that your personal data be transferred to another person (data portability)
- be informed of what data processing is taking place
- restrict processing
- to object to processing of your personal data
- complain to a supervisory authority
Links to other sites
Our terms and conditions and our policies will not apply to other websites that you get to via a link from our site. We have no control over how your data is collected, stored or used by other websites and we advise you to check any privacy policies carefully before providing any data to them.
Automated Decision-Making and Profiling
We do not use automated decision making or profiling on our website or as part of our business.
"Turns out life's more fun and profitable since I got to know Stephen. You should try it."
Find out why...